Friday, August 13, 2010

Craft and Quilt Fair - Canberra Style!

After the safe return of my camera (and husband after his 4WD trek across the Simpson Desert) I have been itching to get snapping away again.  The opportunity came along when I went to the Craft and Quilt Fair at EPIC last weekend (2hrs of blissfull shopping - on my own!).

I met up with some of the regular stallholders and learnt some great new techniques - although there wasn't enough time to join in with the workshops :(

One of my favourites was Miss Sampson's Drapery - all the way from Swan Hill, Victoria!  I bought a gorgeous quilt kit from them last year (which is still on my to do list) and this year bought some gorgeous Babushka double gauze.  Their stall was in prime position and was set up beautifully.  I also picked up one of these beautiful panels of dresses.

Next it was on to Murally Craft from Orange, NSW.  They had THE best craft bags there and I bought 3 of them!  I'm actually planning on using the smallest one for all the bits and pieces I need on busy market days.


Next stop was margaret's fabrics who had a fantastic set-up and Monica Poole was there showing her great quilt-as-you-go technique.  Check out her book here for more details!

Canberra fabric store Rosemont the Patchwork Shop was there too with a huge display of quilts, fabrics, patterns and craft supplies.

And I snapped up this Jelly Roll (for a quilt for Master T) for only $25 from Just Patchwork along with these lovely fat quarters - 5 for $10!
     

My fabric stash is growing by the day and I need to get stitching if I'm going to be ready for the next Handmade Market in a few weeks time!

Lou x



No comments:

Post a Comment